Application Deadline: Wednesday 4 May 2022 11:00am
The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) will invest up to £2 million in innovative Vehicle-to-everything (V2X) research and development projects. This phase 1 investment will be delivered through Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation.
The aims of this competition are to:
- unlock and expand the energy flexibility potential of Electric Vehicle (EV) bi-directional charging technologies and business models in the UK
- accelerate commercialisation of V2X technologies and services
- increase business and consumer interest in V2X
- bring together diverse stakeholders across the energy and transport sectors to overcome barriers to V2X deployment
This competition is the first phase of a two phase V2X innovation programme with total funding of £11.4million. A separate competition for small scale V2X demonstrations is planned for 2023.
Phase 1 projects must deliver prototype hardware, software or business models which reduce barriers to entry for domestic or non-domestic use of V2X bi-directional chargers to provide energy flexibility services.In applying to this competition, you are entering into a competitive process. This competition closes at 11am UK time on the deadline stated
Your project must:
- have total costs between £150,000 and £300,000
- start on 1 September 2022
- end by 31 August 2023
- carry out its project work in the UK
- intend to exploit the results from or in the UK
Your project must involve a minimum of 2 collaborative grant claiming organisations from across the energy and transport sectors.
You must only include eligible project costs in your application.
If your total project’s costs or duration falls outside of our eligibility criteria, you must provide justification by email to email@example.com at least 10 working days before the competition closes. We will decide whether to approve your request. If you have not requested approval or your application has not been approved by us, you will be made ineligible. Your application will then not be sent for assessment.
You must read the guidance on applying for a competition on the Innovation Funding Service before you start.
What we ask you
The application is split into 3 sections:
Official Website: Vehicle-to-everything (V2X) bi-directional charging Phase 1