The Vitality Grant is available to residents and community groups who wish to lead neighbourhood projects, community building projects, festivals or cultural/community events that are inclusive and engage Chestermere residents in active participation. Vitality Grants have been established to encourage community building and inclusion and strengthen connections in neighbourhoods.
We offer a grant of up to $500 to support your idea to help connect and engage residents in their neighbourhood and communities. We believe that the best people to effect change in a community are the ones within it.
- Reporting Matters – Have someone on your project team keep track of your budget. Count how many people were impacted by this work and record how this made a significant change in your community/neighbourhood.
- Accountability – Project leaders will review and agree to roles and responsibilities outlined in a Memorandum of Understanding with the City of Chestermere.
- Planning, planning, planning – Put time and energy into putting your proposal together. Projects need to be completed in the same year grant is awarded.
- Community development focus – We want to support initiatives that will enhance the quality of life for residents. Grants cannot fund salaries, fundraising events, or ongoing operating expenditures.
- Coordination – Event and festival based projects will need to coordinate with the City’s event guidelines depending on type and size. Visit Host an Event for specific details.
Step 1: Download and fill out your proposed project budget (proposals will not be accepted without this form attached)
Step 2: Submit your project online using our proposal form before the deadline of Monday, July 4, 2022.
Step 3: Receive notification on the decision of the Human Services Advisory Board no later than Friday, July 15, 2022 including Memorandum of Understanding and reporting requirements.
Step 4: Contacted by Grant Facilitator to discuss project and offer assistance as required.
Step 5: Complete your project and retain necessary receipts for final reporting.
Step 6: Complete your final report, including the submission of receipts, for reimbursement via grant funds.
Official Website: Vitality Grants