Application Deadline: October 1, 2022.
The Walter Massey Fellowship is awarded to outstanding scientists and engineers who have recently received their Ph.D. or are in the process of completing degree requirements. This fellowship was established in honor of Argonne’s first Black laboratory director, Dr. Walter Massey, who is a distinguished advocate of equity in science and education. Walter Massey Fellows will pursue independent research that supports Argonne purpose: make game-changing discoveries and inspire new technology to meet national needs for sustainable energy, economic competitiveness, and security.
- Ph.D. conferred within three years at the time of application or completion of Ph.D. requirements by commencement of appointment
- Evidence of academic achievement with potential for technical and research leadership
- Research in areas that align with Argonne’s mission
- Interest in leadership as evidenced through activities such as mentoring, service, outreach, professional society engagement, etc.
- Creativity and motivation
- Excellent communication skills
- Alignment with Argonne’s Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork
Applicants must read the applicant instructions before applying. The instructions contain guidance for completing the research proposal and biosketch templates, as well as tips for letters of recommendation and preparing your CV.
Briefly, complete application packages will include:
- Research proposal and project plan submitted using the research proposal template
- Biosketch submitted using the biosketch template.
- Three letters of recommendation
- CV to be uploaded through the application link
- Graduate transcripts: Refer to applicant instructions for acceptable format
Official Website: Walter Massey Fellowship