In April 2022, energy prices will increase by 54 per cent, at a time when Londoners are already being affected by the growing cost of living crisis. The Mayor is acting now to support those impacted by focussing on immediate actions of making homes greener and warmer, reducing energy use and, therefore, lowering bills and cutting carbon. These actions will particularly help the most vulnerable Londoners who are disproportionately affected by the rising cost of living.
The Mayor of London’s Warmer Homes programme provides free heating, insulation and ventilation improvements for low income Londoners who own their own homes or rent privately.
- live in Greater London
- own or rent your own home, landlords can apply as long as the tenant is eligible
- receive a qualifying benefit OR otherwise be on a low household income
- meet maximum energy efficiency and household income requirements for the Sustainable Warmth element
- the improvements will make the property warmer
- living in a properly heated home can improve your health, particularly if you have a long-term health condition that is made worse by the cold
- lower energy bills and more efficient heating, which is better for the environment
- you won’t have to pay anything towards the work (with the exception of a contribution from some private landlords receiving the Sustainable Warmth element)
Official Website: Warmer Homes