Home Contest WeXchange Women STEMpreneurs Competition 2022 for women entrepreneurs in STEM

WeXchange Women STEMpreneurs Competition 2022 for women entrepreneurs in STEM

by odiary
wexchange-women-stempreneurs-competition-2022

Application Deadline: April 8th, 2022

Applications are now open for the WeXchange Women STEMpreneurs Competition, which seeks to identify the most innovative and dynamic women entrepreneurs in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) from Latin America and the Caribbean, and connect them with potential opportunities of access to financing.

The competition is part of WeXchange, IDB Lab’s platform to support the growth of women entrepreneurs in tech from the region. This call is organized in collaboration with Google and the venture capital fund AVP

Requirements:

  • If you are a woman, Co-Founder, or part of the leadership team (C-level) of a startup that is actively raising capital from pre-Seed to Series B, apply and be one of the 15 selected startups that will pitch in Miami to investors from Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, United States among other international VC funds on May 24, during “WeXchange: Connecting STEMpreneurs women with investors”.
  • This event will take place in the context of the VC Latam Summit, that brings together the most relevant investors of the venture capital industry from Latin America and Miami.
  • This summit is organized by nine national associations of venture capital and private capital in the region.
  • Startups with at least one woman in the founding or leadership team (C-level), who will apply & pitch their startup.
  • Startups with a high technological component or where Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) are key pieces, including sectors such as fintech, edtech, agtech, healthtech, biotech, e-commerce, transportation/mobility, logistics, digital security, cleantech, tourism, SaaS for SMEs, among others.
  • Startups with headquarters and operations in at least one country in Latin America and/or the Caribbean.
  • Legally incorporated startups.
  • Startups with highly scalable business models at a regional/global level and high potential for social and/or environmental impact.
  • Startups in the process of raising capital from pre-Seed to Series B financing rounds.

Prizes:

  • 15 women-led startups will be selected to travel to Miami to pitch their business to venture capital investors on May 24, during “WeXchange: Connecting Women STEMpreneurs with Investors.” This event will take place in the context of the VC Latam Summit, which brings together the most relevant investors of the Latin American and Miami venture capital industry. This summit is organized by nine national associations of venture capital and private capital in the region.
  • In addition to participating in the WeXchange event, the selected startups will participate in a five-day hybrid bootcamp that includes workshops on technology, digital marketing, leadership, and capital raising, organized by Google.
  • The first part of this bootcamp (80%) will be held virtually and the remaining 20% will be held in person in Miami, during the previous days of the WeXchange event. The bootcamp is divided into blocks by topic, and all relevant members of the company are invited to participate in each block.

The prize of this call includes travel and lodging expenses for the woman founder / co-founder or director (C-level) of the company, who will be pitching.

Timeline:

  • Application period: March 21 to April 8, 2022. Submission of application will be via Google forms.

*Only complete applications that meet all the requirements described will be evaluated.

Official Website: WeXchange Women STEMpreneurs Competition 2022

Related Articles

Leave a Comment