Application Deadline: June 30, 2022
- Encourage and assist women in obtaining post-secondary trades education and applied apprenticeships;
- Support capacity-building by helping to increase the number of women professionals in the communities where we operate, which is in line with our goal to have 40 per cent women in the workplace by 2030; and
- Increase the number of women role models in our communities by showcasing successful women in trades through this program.
On an annual basis, TransAlta offers scholarship awards of up to $3,000 for eligible students enrolled in post-secondary trade programs, or applied apprenticeship programs.
- You identify as a woman;
- You are a Canadian, Australian or American citizen or permanent resident;
- You are enrolled in a post-secondary trades program or applied apprenticeship program, and
must maintain satisfactory academic standing throughout your program;
- You have a plan for achieving your education and career goals;
- You commit to updating TransAlta on your progress throughout
the duration of your studies and apprenticeship; and
- You complete and provide the information as requested by TransAlta.
- Applicant is enrolled in a program of study or applied apprenticeship program that support TransAlta’s operations;
- Applicant had sufficient academic success and career goals;
- Applicant may be a current student/intern at TransAlta;
- Applicant may be a dependent of a TransAlta employee;
- Applicant has a history of community and volunteer participation; and
- Contents of applicant’s essay.
Official Website: Women in Trades Scholarship