Application Deadline: 05/02/2022
Technology for Impact, an initiative of the Children’s Investment Fund Foundations is inviting women-led or women-impact tech innovators based in Kenya, Ethiopia, and Nigeria.
They welcome women innovators runningstart-ups to submit their digital and technology solutions and innovative ideas for the following themes:
- Sexual Reproductive Health and Maternal & Child Health
- Tech and digital innovations that support Sexual Reproductive Health, Menstrual Health, and Maternal & Child Health (including product distribution)
- Social Issues And Talent – Gender Gap In Technology
- Tech and digital innovations that address issues around the Gender Gap in Technology and the empowerment of Girls in Tech
- Climate-action and Resilient Livelihoods
- Tech and digital innovations that are focused on climate change and on empowering girls and women to enable climate action and resilient livelihoods
- Women-led or women-impact techstart-ups with at least one woman Co-Founder.
- Companies registered in Kenya, Ethiopia, or Nigeria.
- The innovation proposed should be at least at the stage of a minimum viable product, and should address one or more challenges within the themes presented above.
- They prioritize and encourage applications from young women entrepreneurs that fit the concepts of ‘For Africa By Africa’ and ‘For Women By Women ’.
- Ten shortlisted contestants will be taken through a 1-week intensive mini-boot camp ahead of the pitch competition where they will receive mentorship from subject matter experts in topics covering Business Development, Technology Advancement, Impact Measurement, and Pitching Skills.
Official Website: Women Innovators in Technology Pitch Competition