Application Deadline: 10 September 2021
About the online training course
The hybrid training course combines self-paced reading, live webinars, exercises, training videos, and ongoing coaching and mentoring from UNCCT Youth Engagement Specialists. Its aim is to prepare the selected youth as facilitators who would organize and lead their own peer-to-peer workshops. The YEEP offers a comprehensive online training course that consists of the following modules:
- Introduction: Familiarisation with the programme, peers and the programme team
- Violent extremism: Participants explore the PCVE subject matter and reflect on their own situation and experiences
- Youth: Participants explore the role of youth in PCVE and learn about UN Security Council Resolution 2250 on Youth, Peace, and Security
- Gender: The crucial and distinct roles of women and men are explored, as well as the implication of gender stereotypes on workshop dynamics
- Facilitation: Skill –building training to handle difficult conversations is provided
- Teamwork: Facilitators work in teams to deliver their own workshop using the P2P model
- Building your workshop: Facilitators build their own workshop with support from their peers and the Youth Programme Specialists
- Implementing your workshop: Facilitators learn and apply a simple baseline study and pre- and post-survey tools to monitor overall engagement and performances
- Writing your report: The findings of the workshop are documented and submitted
Invited to apply are youth from South Asia and Southeast Asia that meet the following requirements:
- Being between 18 and 29 years of age
- Having a passion and proven record promoting peacebuilding, conflict resolution and social inclusion;
- Working at an NGO or similar institution focused on relationship-building;
- Having access to a network of youth in South Asia or Southeast Asia;
- Possessing previous facilitation experience with youth;
- Possessing work experience on youth-specific issues, in a formal or informal setting, including volunteer work.
Please note YEEP is not necessarily looking for the most experienced applicants, as the programme is seeking to establish a diverse group.
The programme’s P2P model promotes effective youth engagement by enabling youth to rise as leaders in their own communities, take ownership of their own initiatives, and to become the programme’s primary implementing partners. The YEEP focuses on maximizing engagement and local partnerships for youth.
- The submitted applications will be assessed to select the best suited applicants;
- The assessment of applications will be primarily based on experience and motivation;
- Successful applicants will become the first cohort of young peacebuilders in South Asia and Southeast Asia under the framework of UNCCT’s YEEP.
Official Website: Youth Engagement and Empowerment Programme (YEEP)