The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Feed the Future Agriculture
and Food-Systems Development Activity (AFDA) will facilitate the transformation of
agriculture and food systems by increasing productivity, inclusiveness, and competitiveness of
key sectors in the Zone of Influence: Shan, Kachin, Mandalay, Sagaing, and Magway. It has four
• Outcome 1: Increased economic interdependence among market actors of different ethnic
• Outcome 2: Increased access to agricultural support services
• Outcome 3: Increased availability of improved inputs
• Outcome 4: Smallholder supply chains expand domestic and international market access
Have interest in promoting youth economic empowerment in agriculture through youth
- Possess the Application Procedureability to generate resources and willingness to develop and implement innovative
approaches towards youth inclusion in agriculture targeting AFDA’s ZOI.
- Relevant track record and successful experience (Minimum five years – can be relaxed
if extensive experience and evidence of strong success is presented.) in
entrepreneurship, particularly capacity building, business development service provision
for entrepreneurs and MSMEs, and/or developing business incubators/accelerators focused
on youth entrepreneurs within the Myanmar agricultural sector.
- Possess technical experience in training, mentoring and coaching smallholder youths and
youth entrepreneurs in agriculture.
- A good understanding and demonstrated experience of facilitating market linkages
between youth entrepreneurs and other market systems actors in Myanmar highly
- Experience of working with ethnic minority youth in diverse communities.
- Applicants should be registered in Myanmar; foreign organizations may apply provided
the project is carried out in Myanmar (within AFDA ZOI) and that they possess appropriate
license for operating in Myanmar.
- Those affiliated with political parties, groupings, or institutions or their subsidiaries and
affiliates will be ineligible.
- Those promoting anti-democratic policies or illegal activities will be ineligible.
Applicants should submit the EOI (as per the given template) to this email address:
email@example.com by 17 April 2022) but we will continue to accept
applications until suitable candidates are identified.
Please note that the USAID-AFDA fully respects the confidentiality of proprietary information
of all participating organizations.
Submit all inquiries and requests for information regarding requests for RFP to
Condition: Issuance of this Request for proposal in no way constitutes a commitment by the
USAID AFDA or by USAID to execute any agreement or to pay any costs incurred by any
applicant for application submissions.
Official Website: Youth Entrepreneurship Program in Myammar