Application Deadline: September 23rd 2021
The Youth for Water and Climate Programme is an 8-month capacity-building program for young professionals in the water and climate sector, led by the International Secretariat for Water, Solidarity Water Europe, cewas, Global Water Partnership, Global Water Partnership Hungary, Global Water Partnership Central and Eastern Europe, and GoodPlanet Belgium.
The program will offer two five-day in-person workshops, a mentorship opportunity, support in finding an internship, a community of practice and a complete online curriculum to support youth who wish to further develop their professional skills and/or entrepreneurial skills in the water and climate sector.
Climate change is disrupting weather patterns, leading to extreme weather events, unpredictable water availability, exacerbating water scarcity and contaminating water supplies. Climate change is happening now. We must act, and water is part of the solution.
This program, financed by Erasmus+, targets youth aged 18-30, currently based in Hungary, France, Sweden, Belgium, and Slovakia, who wish to develop a bankable project in their communities or wish to pursue a career within an existing organisation in the water and climate sector.
- 18-30 years old
- Currently living in one of the following countries: France, Sweden, Slovakia, Hungary, Belgium (you must be based in one of these countries for the entire duration of the program)
- Studying, working and/or volunteering in a field related to water and climate
- Strong commitment and interest for water and climate related issues (national, regional or international level)
- Significant motivation to take part in the program & availability to take part in all the program activities.
- Must be able to communicate in English
- Must have access to Internet
The fees and costs related to the workshops will be covered by the program:
- International transportation (economy class seats)
- Basic accommodation (take note that you might have to share a room with another participant of the same gender)
- 3 meals per day
- Local transportation
- Activities and program expenses
Covered by the participants:
- Insurance (mandatory)
- Other personal expenses
To apply, submit the application form, including a short 2min video presentation and a 200-word essay (more information in the form).
Official Website: YOUTH FOR WATER AND CLIMATE PROGRAMME