Application Deadline: November 10, 11:59 p.m. GMT +8.
YSEALI is the U.S. government’s signature program to strengthen youth leadership development and networking in Southeast Asia (More information on YSEALI at http://yseali.state.gov). YSEALI members across the 11 Southeast Asian countries celebrate the occasion through a month-long campaign called “YOUnified,” where they conduct community service initiatives to showcase and celebrate the power of Southeast Asian youth to transform their communities across the region positively. YOUnified combines the words YOUTH and UNIFIED to demonstrate YSEALI members’ ingenuity and collaboration in developing solutions to local, national, and regional challenges.
Please state your name, nationality, current affiliation, and organizations (please also add if you are a member or alumni of USG-sponsored programs such as YSEALI, YALI, YLAI, YTILI, YPL, etc.).
Please choose one question and record your answer to it for up to three (3) minutes maximum. Please note, the YSEALI AMPLIFY 5.0 members will review all entries and select those to be included in the final cut. Selected entries will be notified before December 1, 2021.
- You can submit multiple videos answering different questions. However, be sure to submit only one answer video per form submission.
- Videos must be in English.
- The video should run for a maximum of three (3) minutes and in landscape orientation with an aspect ratio of 16:9. Should the video exceed three (3) minutes, YSEALI AMPLIFY 5.0 will delete parts to shorten the clip.
- The designated format of submissions must be files with extensions of .MOV, .MPEG4, .AVI, .WMV, .MPEGPS, .FLV, .3GPP, or WebM.
- Video resolution should be at least 720p (1280×720), 25fps frame rate.
- YSEALI AMPLIFY 5.0 members will review the submitted videos and select videos that will be included in the final cut.
- If prohibited and copyrighted materials are detected in the video, YSEALI AMPLIFY 5.0 may delete that portion of the video.
- The final cut will be shared with persons included in the video before publication (tentatively by the last week of November).
Questions were collected by Filipino YSEALI alumni from applicants of YOUnified Awards held last year.
You may answer more than one question, but kindly submit one form per video. Please note, YSEALI
AMPLIFY 5.0 (core YSEALI alumni group in the Philippines) will review submitted entries and select best
answers per question. Selected video clips will receive a certificate of participation (downloadable).
● How do you sustain a project for years? Can you give us tips in incorporating sustainability in
● How do you encourage fellow youth in your community to join your project or cause? Can you
give us tips on marketing your project to fellow youth?
● How do you pass the baton? Give us tips to effectively train the upcoming leaders in our
organization to succeed in leadership roles.
● Being a leader or an advocate can get exhausting, what are your tips for self-care or stress
● Webinar fatigue is real, can you give us tips on effective virtual programming to engage
audiences who are already exhausted with online events?
● How should we deal with online bashing or cancel culture?
● How do you sustain your passion, especially during crisis when everyone (including you) is
having a hard time? What inspired you to keep going?
● How do you address the criticism that we, as youth, are inexperienced and too young to lead?
● As leaders, we often “lose” ourselves in service and forget that we cannot give what we don’t
have. To avoid advocacy burnout, how do we know when to stop and/or say no?
● How do you manage your time in implementing community projects amidst your personal
commitments and professional work?
Official Website: YSEALI YOUnified